In this post we will learn how to lock most used browser like Google chrome and Firefox . With this trick you will be able to hide your history of your browser from malicious users . Or how you can allow limited time to surf on browser of your system .
Let’s start how to password protect most popular browser
MOZILLA FIREFOX BROWSER PASSWORD PROTECTION
- Select the drop down option bar from right-top side of your screen . And in that select “ADD -ONS”.
- This will take you to the add-ons page of Mozilla Firefox . Type ” Master Password+ ” in the search box . Then click on Install button of Master password + addon .
- Mozilla Firefox will download and install Master password + .
- Then click on “Restart now “. Master password + will be installed after you restart Firefox .
- Again go to drop down option of Mozilla Firefox . And select customize button .
- Click and hold Master password + and drag to the blank area of option bar .
- Click on “exit customize “ . This is how you can add other add- ons on option area .
- Click on that master password + . It will ask you to provide new password for unlocking Mozilla Firefox . Also tick mark “ASK FOR PASSWORD ON STARTUP” in Startup option of this add on. Click on OK button after configuring all the settings .
- You will find Master password’s icon on right side of url box . From there you will be able to turn on / off the master password addon .
- Close the Mozilla Firefox browser and try to open again to check whether your add on is working or not .
- If its working , before opening Mozilla Firefox browser it will ask you to provide password .
GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER PASSWORD PROTECTION
- Click on drop down option of Chrome (on the top-right side of your screen )
- In that drop down menu , Select More tools > Extensions .
- Clicking extension will take you to the extension page .
- Select “GET MORE EXTENSIONS” present on the bottom of the page .
- Now you are in Google chrome web store , where you can find many interesting addons / extensions for your Google chrome browser .
- Type passbrow in search area .
- In result you will find only one extensions . Click on “add to chrome” of Passbrow extensions .
- After installation , it will ask do you wanna add this Pass brow extension? . Click on Add extension .
- Again go to extension page of your browser and tick mark enabled .
- Now you will find your passbrow extensions on chrome menu .
- Click on options to register yourself and to set password .
- Fill the details and click on save .
- Then scroll down and set password for your Google chrome browser .
- After setting up password click on SAVE button .
- Confirmation message will be displayed on your screen once you click on SAVE button .
- To check close the browser and try to open back .
- Type password to use Google chrome browser .
- If any other user try to launch Google chrome and type wrong password .
- Browser will be closed .