People who are addicted to download stuff from internet are aware of the term Bittorrent protocol. As per reports bittorrent protocol alone uses almost 50 percent of the internet traffic . Its so popular that the new “Copyright Alert System ” targets Bittorrent alone . No other file sharing websites offers the gigantic quantity of data sharing on the internet as bittorrent offers . To send or receive files , a person uses Bittorrent client like uttorrent , it is available for variety of computing platforms and operating system including client released by Bittorrent Inc. (official) . Bittorrent protocol of peer to peer file sharing(p2p) identifies content by URLand is designed to integrate seamlessly with the web.
MAKE SURE YOU USE VPN FOR PRIVACY
- Internet service provider are sending notices to them to stop and are blocking subscribers .
- So if you you’re using torrenting and are not using VPN services or proxies ., you are just asking for trouble .
- In many countries some torrent (like pirate bay ) have been blocked due to copyright issue .
HOW DOES BITTORRENT PROTOCOL WORK?
Bittorrent is a peer to peer protocol which means that the computers in a Bittorrent “swarm” (group of devices downloading and uploading the same torrent) transfer data between each other without the need of a server . All the peers participated in the download are servers and clients together . P2P ( peer to peer ) file sharing the computers containing the file that you want to download are searched and reported by software you use for P2P sharing . In torrents this an entity called as “Trackers”.
Tracker is one central servers machine that keeps track of the every clients downloading a particular file , means trackers knows the exact address of computer that are in the process of downloading file .
The first thing when you start downloading a particular files that the torrent client software does is to query the tracker for the list of others peers . You can say that tracker plays an important role in torrent protocol .
LEECHERS AND SEEDERS
Users downloading from Bittorrent swarm( group of devices downloading or uploading the same torrent ) are commonly referred to as “leechers” . Basically computer clients who does not have the file but are downloading the chunks from different clients are leechers.
Users that remain connected to a Bittorrent swarm even after they’ve downloaded the complete file , contributing more of their upload bandwidth so other people can continue to download the file are referred to as ” seeders ” . Basically seeders have completed downloading but still their clients are active in uploading data for other clients .
Health of torrent data is the ratio between the total number of seeders and leechers . Most number of seeders on torrent data are considered to have a good health .
HOW TO CREATE TORRENT FILE FOR YOUR DATA THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
You need torrent client . You can easily share your data with the help of torrent client . I’m going to show how to share with utorrent client software . which are used for downloading torrent data .
- Open utorrent software .
- Select the option “Create new Torrent ” from the file menu as shown below .
- New window will pop-up . In this select source add file or directories you want to share .
- Piece size (this is the chunk size in which the data will be divided )
- Press on “Create and save as ” button which will create .torrent file .
- Also click on “start ” seeding for starting the initial upload of data to other clients from your computer .