Whatsapp Web is a new web client . Whatsapp users the opportunity to access their Whatsapp messages on PC or MAC . When it was launched , it wasn’t available for iphone users due to Apple platform limitations . This meant that Android , Windows, Blackberry and even Nokia devices could access the services .But now the company has enabled Whatsapp Web for IOS device . Iphone users can now send and receive Whatsapp messages on their MAC or PC . Whatsapp works on Windows , MCOSX and linux , only supports chrome web browser , it’s the fastest browser .
What you can do with Whatsapp web services :
- Use your keyboard.
- Download any media (photos, videos, audio) directly to your pc .
- View contact info .
- Share photos , use your webcam or record audio .
- Get or mute desktop alerts and sounds .
- Start a new conversations with new or existing contacts .
- Emoji aren’t mapped so you’ll need to manually add them , available in the Web profile pictures or profile status .
- Can’t block users directly from Web interface .
- Not possible to share location or contacts via web interface .
Whatsapp Web is the best looking Web interface for Whatsapp and its completely free as well . Whatsapp rolled out end- to-end . encryption for all its messages. Whatsapp Web is dependent on your phone for all its messages .Whatsapp Web is dependent on your phone for all messages transfer and uses the same end-to-end encryption technology . The security is good enough .It can also used if you are having big file on MAC or Windows you can directly send from there.
How to set up Whatsapp Web on your MAC with IPHONE:
- Well there’s no update available to enable Whatsapp Web . So make sure you have the latest version of the app . Update your app , if not .
- Open your IPHONE Whatsapp and go to its settings . There should be a new menu underneath “Tell a friend ” named “Whatsapp Web ” -Tap it .
- Now on your MAC , use any browser (Whatsapp recommends using either google chrome, Opera , Mozilla firefox )and head to web.whatsapp.com to access the client .
- There you will find QR code .
- With your IPHONE , align your QR code scanner with the QR code displayed on the Whatsapp Web website .Once alligned , one message will pop up on your screen confirming the setup was complete .
- Thats all ! You can now send and receive Whatsapp messages and media (including voice notes ) on your Mac .
How to set up Whatsapp web on your Windows with Android:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the app . Update your app , if not .
- In your android device , open Whatsapp and tap on 3 dots just above contacts (tap right side of your screen ) .
- It’s a Drop down menu . In that select Whatsapp Web .
- Now on your windows , use any browser (whatsapp recommends using either google chrome , opera , Mozilla firefox ) and head to web.whatsapp.com to access the client
- There you will find an QR code . With your Android device , align your QR code scanner with the QR code displayed on Whatsapp Web website .
- You’re all done !