When you plug your iphone or ipad into itunes
on your computer to transfer large media files , to make an encrypted backup , to restore your device , etc , you need it to work .
Many apple users say “i’ve plugged my Apple ipad into my computer and there’s no response of any kind . So how do i get itunes to recognise my device ?”
This is the Apple device and itunes conundrum . When itunes on your computer doesn’t recognise your connected device , you might see an “OXE” error or unknown error .
Before heading into any troubleshooting steps , quickly go through these :
- Make sure that you have the latest version of itunes that work with your computer .
- Check the lightning port or pin socket on your ios device , sometimes it’s dust blocking your dock connector .
- Try each usb port to see if one works . Then try a different USB cable to connect the device to the computer .
STEPS ON HOW TO MAKE ITUNES(WINDOWS) RECOGNISE YOUR IPHHONE . IPAD , IPOD
- Turn off both your PC and ios device and turn both back on again .
- When you plug your IOS device into your computer check for an alert , asking “DO YOU TRUST THIS COMPUER ” . Click trust .
When you install latest version of itunes for Windows , also install a program called APPLE MOBILE DEVICE SUPPORT .
Follow these steps to ensure that Apple mobile device is installed :
- Open the search (lower left in windows 10 , upper right in windows 8) and search for control panel .
- Then click on Uninstall a program .
- Check that our new program “APPLE MOBILE DEVICE SUPPORT” is listed in the current program .
If you don’t see APPLE MOBILE DEVICE SUPPORT then you need to reinstall itunes for your window . If you guys are having trouble installing itunes for windows , or see ‘error 2’ or ‘error 7’ after installation then please check this Apple support page Can’t update or install itunes for windows .
STEPS ON HOW TO MAKE ITUNES (ON MAC) RECOGNISE ON IPOD , IPHONE OR IPAD.
If your Apple Mac is unable to recognise an ipad or ios device , you should check the following :
- Try a different USB cable .
- Also try different USB port .
- Turn off both MAC and ios device . Turn both back on again
- Make sure you tapped on trust button on your ios device when you connect it to your MAC .
- MAC software should be up-to-date
- Check the socket or usb connection for dust and residue .
If you got any problem , comment below…