Songs that you buy from the itunes stores aren’t mp3s . Songs purchased at the itunes stores comes in the AAC format . People often use the term mp3s to refer to all digital music files , while both AAC and mp3 are digital audio files .AAC files works with all Apple products . AAC is slightly better than mp3 in quality sound . Not every players supports AAC .
Let’s convert song that are already in your itunes Library .
- Open itunes
- From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen , choose file and go to EDit > Preferences.
- Click the general tab , then click on import settings in the lower section of the window .
- Click the menu next to import using , then choose the encoding format that you want to convert the song to .
- Click ok to save the settings.
- From your library select one or more songs that you want to convert .
- Choose file > Convert , Then create (format )version . The format .
- New song files appear in your itunes library next to the original files .
Then you will find , two copies of the same song . But every song in itunes contains information such as artist , size , length and file size .
Important to know
- Converting degrades the audio quality of the song .
- If you convert the same song too many times it may eventually start to sound worse .