In this tutorial we are going to learn how to password protect your pendrive for free. Bitlocker is a software that comes pre installed in windows 7,8 or 8.1 that helps users to protect their usb/pendrive or even their drives. Now how to use it , just follow these steps:
- Open mycomputer.
- Right click on removable drive and on that drop down menu select Turn on Bit Locker.
- Then it will ask how you want to unlock this drive? so select use a password option .
- Now give the password (make sure your password contains uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, spaces and symbols)
- After clicking on next button it will ask how do you want to backup your recovery key? (when you will forget your password how you want to recover it) so select any one.
- Then it will ask how muck part of drive you want to protect, so i basically suggest encrypt entire drive.
- Click on start encrypting.
- After few minutes your usb/pendrive will be fully protected and your data will be safe. Someone have to format it to use it but will not be able to access your data.
- If you want remove password just Turn off the bit locker.