- Performance will be same.
- Storage capacity will be same.
- In raid01, the loss of any drive (one in each group) in a set cause the failure of that entire set and the set is removed from the raid system.(In the two set case) Generally this means you are left with a raid0 systems made up of the remaining set of drives.
- In Raid 10 , you would see the same effect on each mirror that loses a drive, but not the whole system(configuration will tend to show similar but less changes in performance when in a degraded mode than raid 01)
- So given a choice between Raid10 and Raid01 , i”ll choose raid 10